Citizens for Modern Transit capped off the 29th Annual Meeting with the release of the 2013 Annual Report . Attendees received copies which highlight some of the successes of CMT in FY13:
- CMT successfully secured four grant awards this year bringing more than $1.1 million in federal funding to the St. Louis region to promote transit and increase ridership on the system;
- CMT increased TOD Advocacy/Education efforts this year including 3 Urban Land Institute Technical Assistance Panels at UMSL South, Grand and CORTEX;
- CMT wrapped up the development of a TOD database tracking more than $16 billion in development around light rail since its opening. This database is available on the CMT website;
- CMT hosted and sponsored promotional/education campaigns surrounding transit garnering significant media coverage including the Great Race, Wake Up to a Sweeter Commute, the 20th Anniversary of MetroLink and much more;
- Transit ridership is up across the system;
- CMT initiated its first Feasibility Study for a possible MetroLink Station at Cortex;
- CMT welcomed new Grants/Program Manager Lenora Fisher to the team;
- Formation of a Young Transit Professionals Advisory Board;
- Sponsorships of CMT events reached an all time high this fiscal year, and finally;
- CMT membership revenue outpaced all membership revenues over the last 28 years with membership topping out at more than 20 percent over goal.
Now looking to FY 14, CMT will look forward to focusing on building new connections to meet the new challenges that lie ahead. We will work to take the energy from celebrating 20 years of MetroLink success in St. Louis and ensure that our system continues to move ahead and meet the needs of the St. Louis region over the next 20 years. Now is the time to invest in transit and in CMT. We hope you will get on board.