Why We Need Your Help
Citizens for Modern Transit is a 501(c)3, member-based organization. In order to accomplish our mission, we rely heavily on the support of businesses, organizations, and individuals.
June McAllister Fowler
SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT OF COMMUNICATIONS,
MARKETING AND PUBLIC AFFAIRS
Support Our Mission
Public transit access is essential to any thriving metropolitan area. It is credited with much more than getting people to and from destinations via the MetroLink or bus. A safe, integrated, reliable public transit system plays a key role in stimulating economic development, attracting and retaining business, establishing healthier neighborhoods, connecting individuals to job opportunities, furthering equality and building sustainable communities.
Citizens for Modern Transit (CMT) doesn’t own or operate the transit system. The organization works to champion, challenge, encourage and advocate for it. Consider supporting CMT.
- Implement short and long-term transit access expansion plans
- Secure funding for transit development
- Help ensure a safe and secure ride for all transit users
- Commission pilot programming, studies and assessments to help underscore the value of transit, make informed decisions and advance transit accessibility
- Keep elected officials and key stakeholders up-to-speed on transit-related issues and opportunities
- Establish relevant programming that continues to meet the needs of the ever-evolving marketplace
- Champion the local transit system and help advance the region
- Empower, lead and maintain highly effective board members, staff and volunteers
- Ensure efforts meet the needs of the organization’s diverse constituency
- Expand ridership through unique programming
- Build grassroots support in the community for transit, among both riders and non-riders
With the help of members, and in collaboration with area partners, CMT is furthering the framework upon which public transit can continue to thrive. The organization leads feasibility study, initiates pilot projects like the MetroLink Access Pilot, secures funding including the needed federal dollars for Metro to build the new Cortex MetroLink Station, creates nationally recognized, award-winning programs to boost ridership, and works to secure the safety and security of the system.
- Senior 65+ /Student – $40
- Young Transit Leader – $50
- Supporter – $60
- Advocate – $100
- Champion – $250
- Leader – $500
- Bronze – $1,000
- Bronze – $1250
- Silver – $2,500
- Gold – $5,000
- Platinum – $10,000
- Diamond – $25,000
Become a Member Now
Citizens for Modern Transit is like a valuable sibling, who works with us and challenges us. They are a great champion and advocate for transit and a prime leader in making St. Louis a better place.
PRESIDENT & CEO