The Metro Forest Park Trolley will return to Forest Park for the fifth season on Friday, May 1, giving individuals visiting Forest Park a convenient method of navigating the Park, in addition to assisting to alleviate Park congestion.
The Metro Forest Park Trolley Service (MetroBus route #3) will operate daily between 9 a.m. and 7 p.m. from May 1 through September 27, and will connect with all of the popular Park attractions, as well as the Forest Park-DeBaliviere MetroLink Station. The Metro #3 Forest Park Trolley will also provide service to select destinations within the Park between 6:30 a.m. and 8:30 a.m.
Trolley tickets are $2 for adults, $1 for children (ages 5-12), seniors and disabled passengers, and the Trolley is free for children ages 4 and under. A valid Metro Reduced Fare permit is required for the Senior and Disabled discount. Two convenient Park N’ Ride options are available for visitors: the Twin Parking Lots across from the Dennis & Judith Jones Visitor and Education Center and the Festival & Parking Plaza at the Upper Muny. From these lots, visitors can hop aboard the Forest Park Trolley for a lift to their desired attraction.
The Metro #3 Forest Park Trolley is a partnership between Forest Park Forever, Bi-State Development Agency/Metro, Missouri History Museum, Saint Louis Art Museum, Saint Louis Science Center, Saint Louis Zoo and the City of St. Louis.
#3 Forest Park Trolley Hours and Timing:
- Daily service between 9 a.m. and 7 p.m., May 1 through September 27. From Monday through Friday, the trolley operates every 20 minutes between 9:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., and every 30 minutes before 9:30 a.m. and after 4:30 p.m. On Saturday and Sunday, the trolley operates every 15 minutes between 9:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., and every 30 minutes before 9:30 a.m. and after 4:30 p.m.
- Limited early service between 6:30 a.m. and 8:30 a.m., May 1 through September 27. The trolley will provide service every 30 minutes to select destinations within Forest Park, including the Dennis & Judith Jones Visitor and Education Center, Missouri History Museum, Saint Louis Art Museum and Saint Louis Zoo.
- Due to construction from the Loop Trolley Project, passengers at the Forest Park-DeBaliviere MetroLink Station will need to board the #3 Forest Park Trolley at the corner of Pershing and DeBaliviere Avenues, just north of the station.
- Trolley Head Signs – #3 Forest Park Trolley vehicles coming from the Forest Park-DeBaliviere MetroLink station are identified as Southbound – To Science Center. Forest Park Trolley vehicles heading toward the Forest Park-DeBaliviere Station are identified as Northbound – To Forest Park MetroLink Station.
- The #3 Forest Park Trolley is fully accessible to persons with disabilities.