To help meet the needs of its customer base, St. Clair County Transit District (SCCTD) will be making service and schedule adjustments to local MetroBus routes effective Monday, March 13, 2023. These changes include the launch of the #3 Sauget – Water St. – a new MetroBus route providing direct, all-day service to Sauget Industrial Park from the 5th & Missouri Transit Center – as well as the expansion and/or increased frequency of service on several routes.
“We are very excited to add a new MetroBus route for ridership in St. Clair County,” said Herb Simmons, Chair of St. Clair County Transit District’s Board of Trustees. “We understand the importance of helping people get where they need and want to go and are thrilled to be able to provide individuals on both sides of the river with convenient access to the more than 20 businesses in the Sauget Industrial Park.”
Following is a complete listing of service and schedule adjustments effective Monday, March 13:
- #2 Cahokia Heights | Increasing frequency to 20-minute service instead of every 30 minutes, while expanding service reach to now include Cahokia High School, School District 187 Administration Offices, Jerome Lane and Paris Street.
- #3 Sauget – Water St. | Providing a new route with all-day service to Sauget Industrial Park from the 5th & MO Transit Center.
- # 6 Rosemont | Increasing service reach to include the Fairview Heights Transit Center.
- # 8 Alta Sita | Increasing frequency to 20-minute service instead of every 30 minutes, while expanding service reach to Walmart, Schnucks and other stores in Cahokia Heights.
- # 9 Washington Park | Increasing service reach to now include the Washington Park Transit Center and the stretch of Kingshighway from James Avant Elementary School to Archview MX Park, Gateway Co-Packing, Twin Lake Trucking, Southwestern Illinois Correctional Center.
- #13 Caseyville-Marybelle| Expanding service hours from 6:30 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. between the Fairview Heights Transit Center and Madison County Transit’s (MCT) Collinsville Station.
Time adjustments will also be made to #1 Main Street-State Street, #4 19th & Central, #5 Missouri Ave-ML King, #15 Belleville-Shiloh O’Fallon, #16 St. Clair Square, #12 O’Fallon-Fairview Heights on both weekdays and weekends to allow for better connections to MetroLink.