Citizens for Modern Transit, Metro Transit, and the Bureau of Transit Police are teaming up with St. Louis Community College, Saint Louis University, Southwestern Illinois College, University of Missouri–St. Louis and Washington University in St. Louis to host the first-ever College Transit Challenge. On Wednesday, Aug. 28, those affiliated with the respective schools can help their college or university win by taking MetroBus or MetroLink that day.
Stop by at one of the upcoming events to sign the pledge to take transit on August 28th or take the pledge now by clicking here. First 200 will receive a tshirt for participating.
- STLCC – Meramec | Spirit Day | Wednesday, Aug. 21, 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. | Library Quad
Map to campus
- SWIC | Wednesday, Aug. 21 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. | Student Lounge Outside Cafeteria
- WUSTL | Grad/Professional Orientation | Wednesday, Aug. 21 from 5 to 7 p.m.
- STLCC Forest Park | Archer Day | Thursday, Aug. 22 from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. | Parking Lot B
- UMSL | Thursday, Aug. 22 from 1:15 to 2:30 p.m. | Millennium Student Center
Map to campus
- SLU | Tuesday, Aug. 27 from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. | Busch Student Center
Ridership will be tracked via social media. Participants simply check-in at a Metro Transit Center – via Facebook, Instagram or Twitter – and post a status update or photo with #iTakeTransit, along with mentioning their school. (ex. #iTakeTransit @UMSL). The school with the most ridership will be awarded bragging rights and a MetroLink Train Trophy. All College Transit Challenge participants will be entered in a prize drawing. Plus, those who show their Metro U-Pass to the Bureau of Transit Police and Metro Transit Public Safety Officers when traveling via MetroLink or MetroBus that day may receive a special prize.