Rehabilitation work on the westbound escalator at the 8th & Pine MetroLink Station in downtown St. Louis begins on Tuesday, May 4. During this project, the station’s westbound elevator will remain in service, however, the accessible pathway to the westbound side of the 8th & Pine Station (near Pine Street) will have to be closed temporarily.
MetroLink riders who are traveling to or from the 8th & Pine Station and use a wheelchair or mobility device may need to make adjustments to their commute, as it will be necessary for riders to use stairs (located near Chestnut Street) when entering or departing the westbound side of the 8th & Pine Station.
The escalator rehabilitation work is expected to take approximately three months to complete. Here are options for MetroLink riders who are unable to use stairs to navigate around this construction work:
- Consider using alternative MetroLink stations in downtown St. Louis for your trip
- If you are heading on a westbound train to the 8th & Pine Station:
- Remain on your westbound train and continue to the Civic Center MetroLink Station
- When you arrive at the Civic Center Station, cross the platform and board an eastbound train
- Travel eastbound to the 8th & Pine Station to reach the elevator on the eastbound platform
- If your westbound trip begins at the 8th & Pine Station:
- Use the elevator for the eastbound platform and board an eastbound train to the Laclede’s Landing MetroLink Station
- When you arrive at the Laclede’s Landing Station, cross the platform and board a westbound train to complete your trip
For additional information or assistance, contact Metro Transit Information at 314-231-2345 (phone) or 314-207-9786 (text), available Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. You can also use the Passenger Assist Telephone for assistance, which are located at all MetroLink stations.