You may have learned from reports in the news or from a Metro
employee about the possibility of a strike by Amalgamated Transit
Union (ATU) Local 788, the Union that represents Metro Call-A-Ride, MetroBus and MetroLink operators, mechanics and some clerical employees.
In the event of a work stoppage by the
Union which prevents Metro from providing safe and reliable service:
- There will be no MetroBus or MetroLink service.
- If sufficient manpower is available, Metro Call-A-Ride service will be provided, but will be limited to services contracted by the Transportation Management Association. No other Metro Call-A-Ride service will be provided.
- Monthly and weekly passes will be accepted into the next month or week based on the number of days of the service stoppage. OR, customers may return their passes by mail (with a return address) to Metro, Attn: Pass Return, 707 N 1st Street, St. Louis, MO 63102 and in exchange, they will be sent the equivalent number of day passes.
- There will be no cash refunds.
- Metro transit service will resume after operators and mechanics notify Metro of their intention to return to work in sufficient numbers to provide a safe and reliable transit service and the system can again be put back into operation after appropriate safety inspections. It will take some time to rectify the system for safe operation.
- You will be kept informed by local media, by the Metro
website metrostlouis.org, and by calling customer service at
314-231-2345 or 618-271-2345.
Read the rest of the statement and response to the proposed strike here – Metro Customer Information 062813.