The Bi-State Board of Commissioners today approved a contract to HNTB for $6,948,587 for professional engineering services for the MetroLink Secure Platform Plan. The Bi-State Board voted unanimously to move the contract forward. The HNTB team includes the following sub-contractors:
- KAI Enterprises to provide architectural integration of the fare collection system, fencing and other aspects of the project.
- ABNA Engineering, Inc. will provide topographic surveying services as required.
- Custom Engineering, Inc. will provide electrical engineering and design services.
- Kivindyo Engineering Services, LLC will provide utility coordination services.
- Code Consultants, Inc. will provide code compliance, fire protection, life safety and accessibility.
The Secure Platform Plan encompasses gates, fencing, and cameras for the 39 MetroLink stations throughout the region. Financial support for this project includes funding from St. Louis County, City of St. Louis, and St. Clair County Transit District. Private donations total more than $10 million towards cost of this project. In addition, federal stimulus funds will be utilized as well.
In the fall of 2021, Metro Transit tasked its current general engineering consultant WSP to further conceptual designs and to investigate a barrier and fencing types. The work products included 10 percent design level concepts. This work was completed in December 2021. In June, Metro issued and RFP for proposals for final design of the security barrier gates, fencing and camera installation.
The goal is 12 months for the design phase of this project according to Kevin Scott, Bi-State Development Project Lead and General Manager of Security. The HNTB tam will be led by Mark Grossenbacher.