Transit is making strides in this region, and Citizens for Modern Transit (CMT) has played an integral role in this movement. From the studies on the next MetroLink expansion project, to the Ferguson Commission Report highlighting the need for transit priority projects and funding, to an increase in St. Louis County police on the system, to examining placemaking around transit stations, to a new station on the current alignment in Midtown in early 2018, transit is on the move, and you can help ensure CMT continues to make a difference today!
Please consider a special year-end gift to CMT and see the return on your investment in 2017! CMT will be continuing its Placemaking efforts around transit in 2017 to ensure the region’s confidence in the safety, security and lovability of our system. These year-end contributions will go directly toward our work in this area.
- CMT worked closely with St. Louis County to increase police resources to ensure the public’s confidence in the safety of the system.
- CMT commissioned a Transit Funding Study in 2015 to look at possible funding sources to move transit forward in the St. Louis region.
- A $10.3 million TIGER grant for a NEW MetroLink Station at CORTEX and upgrades to the Central West End Station was awarded to Metro– the first addition to MetroLink in the region since 2006! This would not have been possible without the CMT led Feasibility Study moving the project forward in 2014.
- The CMT Try & Ride Program, asking commuters who have never ridden transit to try the system for their work or academic commutes, has introduced more than 4000 St. Louisans to transit.
- Management of statewide advocacy for transit through the Missouri Public Transit Association.
CMT’s work and your support matters because the more St. Louisans take advantage of transit, the more we can all enjoy the benefits transit provides the community. Remember all gifts to CMT are tax deductible. All gifts of $250 or more will receive a model MetroLink train car for your collection. Please consider a gift today.