Metro Transit will adjust Blue Line MetroLink service beginning on Monday, September 5, in an effort to provide more reliable, on-schedule service. Although train service to all 38 MetroLink stations has resumed, Blue Line trains will only operate between the Shrewsbury-Lansdowne I-44 and Forest Park-DeBaliviere Stations. Since July 26, the transit agency has been looking for solutions to work around the complex challenges created by $40 million in flash flood damage, which occurred on July 26. Key signal and communications systems near the Forest Park-DeBaliviere Station sustained major damage during the historic rainfall event. Since then, Metro Transit has been working to find solutions to keep the trains moving efficiently despite not having those key signal and communications systems operational.
Starting Monday, September 5:
- Blue Line trains will operate between the Shrewsbury-Lansdowne I-44 and Forest Park-DeBaliviere
- No Blue Line trains will operate east of the Forest Park-DeBaliviere Station. Blue Line trains will
operate on a 20-minute frequency, seven days a week.
- Blue Line customers will need to transfer to a Red Line train at the Forest Park-DeBaliviere Station to
continue their eastbound trips.
- Customers heading west to Blue Line stations toward Clayton and Shrewsbury-Lansdowne I-44 will need
to transfer to a Blue Line train at the Forest Park-DeBaliviere Station.
- All transfers between the Red Line and Blue Line will be made at the Forest Park-DeBaliviere Station. Blue
Line customers should allow extra time for the transfers.
- Red Line trains will operate between St. Louis Lambert International Airport and the Shiloh-Scott
MetroLink Station and will operate on weekday schedules Monday through Friday and weekend schedules on Saturday and Sunday.
- Customers at the Forest Park-DeBaliviere Station will continue to board all eastbound and westbound Red Line
trains on the westbound side of the platform, and all westbound Blue Line trains on the eastbound side of the
platform. At the Skinker and University City-Big Bend Stations, all eastbound and westbound trains will board on
the eastbound platform.
Both elevators at the Forest Park-DeBaliviere Station are out of service indefinitely due to the flood damage. MetroLink customers who need elevator service and start or end their trips at the Forest Park-DeBaliviere Station can continue to request special transportation by using the Passenger Assist Telephone (located at all MetroLink stations and Transit Centers), by calling 314.982.1400, x4870 from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday, or calling 314.289.6872 after hours.
The latest details on MetroLink service, including updated schedules, are available on the Special MetroLink. Operations page of www.metrostlouis.org Customers can also contact Metro Transit Information for questions or help with their trip by calling 314.231.2345 or texting 314.207.9768, Monday through Friday, from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.