Ground was officially broken on December 6 on the first stations for the Secure Platform Plan. The Package 1 construction contract which includes Emerson Park, Jackie- Joyner Kersee, Washington Park and College station was awarded to Millstone Weber LLC in October. Construction activities are now underway at Jackie-Joyner Kersee and Washington Park Stations. Targeted completion on construction for the first four stations is as follows: Emerson Park – April 2024; JJK Center – March 2024; Washington Park – April 2024; and College Station – June 2024.
Package #2 is in the fial stages of design and includes the following stations: Forest Park, Central West End, Grand, Union Station, Civic Center and Delmar. Solicitation for construction is set to be released in January 2024.
In August of 2022, the Bi-State Board of Commissioners approved a contract to HNTB for $6,948,587 for professional engineering services for the MetroLink Secure Platform Plan. The Bi-State Board voted unanimously to move the contract forward. The HNTB team includes the following sub-contractors:
- KAI Enterprises to provide architectural integration of the fare collection system, fencing and other aspects of the project.
- ABNA Engineering, Inc. will provide topographic surveying services as required.
- Custom Engineering, Inc. will provide electrical engineering and design services.
- Kivindyo Engineering Services, LLC will provide utility coordination services.
- Code Consultants, Inc. will provide code compliance, fire protection, life safety and accessibility.
The Secure Platform Plan encompasses gates, fencing, and cameras for the 39 MetroLink stations throughout the region. Financial support for this project includes funding from St. Louis County, City of St. Louis, and St. Clair County Transit District. Private donations total more than $10 million towards cost of this project. In addition, federal stimulus funds will be utilized as well.