To help commuters stay toasty on transit this winter, Citizens for Modern Transit, Metro Transit, AARP in St. Louis, the Bureau of Transit Police, St. Clair County Transit District and UMSL are teaming up to host a Pop-up Coat Exchange.
There will be coat racks at the Belleville and North Hanley MetroLink stations from Dec. 6 – 20. If a transit rider needs a coat, they can take one. If they have an extra coat, they can leave one for someone who is in need.
In order to make this effort a success, coat racks need to remain stocked with options for men, woman and children. If you, or someone you know, has gently-used coats they no longer need – please consider making a donation.
Coats can be dropped off at the following locations and events from now through the end of November:
- Citizens for Modern Transit – Monday thru Friday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., 911 Washington Ave., Suite 200, St. Louis, MO 63101
- Quick Bite – Monday thru Friday from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m., Belleville MetroLink Station, 718 Scheel Street, Belleville, IL 62221
- North County Transit Center – 5 a. to Midnight, 3140 Pershall Rd., Ferguson, MO 63136
- North Hanley Transit Center – 5 a.m. to 10 p.m., 4300 Hanley Road, St. Louis, MO 63134
- MetroStore at 8th and Pine – Monday thru Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., 801 Pine St, St. Louis, MO 63101
Look for upcoming info about the kick-off on December 6.