Senior Program Manager of Citizens for Modern Transit
Seeking a Senior Program Manager responsible for program development and management, membership management, writing/securing grants and more. This is a full-time position with a comprehensive compensation package.
As Citizens for Modern Transit (CMT) continues to further its transit advocacy efforts – locally, regionally and across the state – the organization is expanding its staff to include a Senior Program Director. CMT is seeking a talented, hardworking, self-starter with a background in: program development and management; implementation of education and advocacy efforts; grant writing; and executive-level interaction with a 26-member Board of Directors and the 1,000+ individual, business and organizational members of CMT. The candidate must possess strong written and verbal communications skillsets. A background in and passion for public transportation is preferred.
- Establishing and implementing community engagement and relationship-building efforts
- Developing and cultivating membership
- Developing and managing programming
- Identifying and managing grant opportunities
- Working with the Executive Director and Board to further the organization’s vision and goals
- Utilizing communications tools, website, publications and marketing materials to help explain the link between public transportation and economic development, job creation, health and the vitality of local communities
- Serving as a professional representative of the organization among local communities, organizations and groups, as directed by CMT’s Executive Director
- Proactively look for new opportunities for the organization
- Other related duties as assigned by the Executive Director
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in program management, development/membership work and/or advocacy work
- Experience in program development and fundraising
- Ability to build and maintain community partnerships and collaborations
- Committed to the principles of public transit and possesses a strong desire to work with other groups to further the mission of CMT
- Capable of working independently
- Demonstrated versatility
- Adaptability to changing job requirements a strong plus
The salary for this position starting at $60,000 plus benefits.
CMT is an equal opportunity employer. For confidential consideration, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org as ONE SAVED DOCUMENT. Resumes must be received no later than 5 p.m. on July 30, 2022. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
No calls please. Initial interviews with the search committee will begin in August, 2022.