Citizens for Modern Transit (CMT) is seeking an intern for the Summer and/or Fall 2019. CMT offers paid internship positions every spring, summer and fall, allowing students and recent graduates the opportunity to work closely with our team and gain insight into the public transit arena in addition to nonprofit management, administration, advocacy and fundraising. CMT is a member supported organization leading efforts for an integrated, affordable, and convenient public transportation system with light rail expansion as the critical component that will drive economic growth to improve quality of life in the St. Louis region.
Internship Responsibilities Could Include:
- Assist with office operations
- Support the Try & Ride Program – fulfillment, follow-up, development of metrics
- Support the Ten Toes Express walking program – events, registration, member outreach, communications, lead walking groups
- Support the Guaranteed Ride Home program – registration, member outreach, communications, etc.
- Draft Blog Postings as directed by CMT staff
- Post social media updates as directed by CMT staff
- Represent CMT at community events
- Participate in CMT sponsored events
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer proficient and familiar with the Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to commit 10-15 hours per week
- Great attention to detail
- Responsible and able to see projects through to completion
- Reliable, with a great attitude and work ethic
- A genuine interest in the benefits of public transportation
Applications are due by May 1, 2019. To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.