Assistant Director of Citizens for Modern Transit
Seeking an Assistant Director responsible for program development and management, legislative liaison efforts, writing/securing grants and more. This is a full-time position with a comprehensive compensation package.
As Citizens for Modern Transit (CMT) continues to further its transit advocacy efforts – locally, regionally and across the state – the organization is expanding its staff to include an Assistant Director. CMT is seeking a talented, hardworking, self-starter with a background in program development and management, who is capable of establishing and maintaining relationships with local, state and federal governmental entities; developing public policy; implementing education and advocacy efforts; and executive-level interaction with a 26-member Board of Directors and the 1,000+ individual, business and organizational members. The candidate must possess strong written and verbal communications skillsets. A background in and passion for public transportation is preferred.
- Establishing and implementing community engagement and relationship-building efforts
- Developing and cultivating membership
- Serving as a legislative liaison and taking part in lobby efforts at the state and local level
- Developing and managing programming
- Identifying and managing grant opportunities
- Working with the Executive Director and Board to further the organization’s vision and goals
- Utilizing communications tools, website, publications and marketing materials to help explain the link between public transportation and economic development, job creation, health and the vitality of local communities
- Serving as a professional representation of the organization among local communities, organizations and groups, as directed by CMT’s Executive Director
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in non-profit management and/or advocacy work
- Experience in program development and fundraising
- Ability to build and maintain community partnerships and collaborations
- Committed to the principles of public transit and possesses a strong desire to work with other groups to further the mission of CMT
- Capable of working independently
- Demonstrates versatility
- Adaptability to changing job requirements a strong plus
The salary range for this position is between $75,000 – $85,000 – plus benefits.
CMT is an equal opportunity employer. For confidential consideration, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com as ONE SAVED DOCUMENT. Resumes must be received no later than 5 p.m. on January 22, 2021. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
No calls please. Initial interviews with the search committee will begin in February 2021.