Try and Ride Registration Page
The CMT Transit Try & Ride Program is a complimentary program for the region’s commuters in Missouri and Illinois. Participants are asked to commit to use transit for two months for their commutes to work (this does not mean every day of the week for eight weeks – the commitment includes transit travel 3 to 4 days per week). CMT will cover one month of tickets and the second month will be covered on their own (many commuters may even work for an employer who covers the cost of the transit pass or a portion of the cost). Participants will also be asked to take a quick survey upon registration and then again at the end of their two-month transit commitment.
PROGRAM RULES AND REGULATIONS:
CMT reserves the right to deny any application for any reason. In addition, any incomplete applications for the CMT Try & Ride program will not be processed and will be denied. This program is only eligible for individuals who do not currently take transit for the work commute. If for some reason, CMT suspects abuse of the program the application will be denied.
Letter of Commitment, Assumption of Risk and Release Agreement
This is a legally binding document:
By selecting yes above, I agree to the terms of the Citizens for Modern Transit Try & Ride Program.
- I affirm that I do not currently use transit. I understand that if I do use transit for my work commute, I am not eligible for this program.
- I commit to using transit for a two-month period for my work commute. During that timeframe, Citizens for Modern Transit will provide tickets for the first month.
- I commit to covering the cost of my transit commute for the second month.
- I agree to take two surveys as a part of this program: one at the beginning of my participation in the program, and one at the end of the second month of the Try & Ride program.
- I understand I also have the opportunity to journal about my experiences on transit and can provide those to CMT for publication.
- I understand and agree that if I do not participate for the committed two-month timeframe as outlined I must reimburse CMT for the cost of the first month’s transit passes at 911 Washington, Ste. 200, St. Louis, MO 63101.
- In consideration for receiving permission to participate in physical activity at any associated events with Citizens for Modern Transit, I release its trustees, officers, servants, agents, and employees (hereinafter referred to as Releasees) from any and all liability, claims, demands, actions, and/or causes of action whatsoever arising out of or related to any loss, damage, or injury, including death, that may be sustained by me, or to any property belonging to me, whether caused by the negligence of the Releasees, or otherwise, while participating in such activity, or while in, on, upon, or on route to or from the premises where the activity or event is being conducted.
- I am fully aware of risks and hazards connected with participating in physical activities, including but not limited to risks and dangers of: heart attacks, muscle strains, pulls or tears, broken bones, shin splints, heat prostration, injuries to the knee, lower back, foot, and any other illness, soreness or injury, which I understand could lead to, among other things, loss or damage to my property and/or loss, damage, injury or death to me. I hereby elect to voluntarily participate in said activity knowing that the activity may be hazardous to me and my property. I voluntarily assume full responsibility for any risks of loss, property damage or personal injury, including death, that may be sustained by me, or any loss or damage to property owned by me or in my control, as a result of being engaged in such an activity, whether caused by the negligence of Releasees or otherwise.
IN SELECTING YES ABOVE, I ACKNOWLEDGE AND REPRESENT THAT I have read the foregoing agreement, understand all its provisions, and sign it voluntarily as my own free act and deed. I warrant that no oral representation, statement, or inducements, apart from the foregoing written agreement, have been made.
***CMT reserves the right to reject any application at any time for any reason.***
Fraudulent applications resulting in abuse of the program, including resale of tickets, may result in civil and criminal penalties.