Metro Transit riders and members of the community are invited to stop by the Metro Reimagined public information session on Saturday, Nov. 3, from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. at the North County Transit Center located at 3140 Pershall Road. The format is open-house style, and Metro riders and the public will have an opportunity to speak with a transit planner, ask questions and share feedback on the nearly completed draft of the Metro Reimagined plan, which will impact MetroBus routes in St. Louis City and St. Louis County.
Developed by Metro Transit over the past 18 months, the near final draft of the new MetroBus network aims to provide shorter wait times, faster trips and better transit connections. The changes will be made utilizing existing funding allocations.
Metro Reimagined’s network plan highlights include:
- 13 high-frequency MetroBus routes would provide service every 15 minutes or better during the day
- Currently only one route operates every 15 minutes or faster and only three routes operate 20 minutes or faster
- 34 routes would provide service every 30 minutes
- Many routes currently provide 40-minute or 60-minute service
- Routes designed to be more direct, providing riders with faster trips by eliminating deviations along some routes
- New service added in response to customer feedback
- Introducing Wi-Fi, mobile ticketing and other new technology to improve the transit experience
- New innovative transportation options for areas where a 40-foot bus may not be the best option
The November 3rd event at the North County Transit Center is part of an ongoing series of information sessions that continue through November 8, providing opportunities for the public to weigh in on the plan at Metro Transit Centers. More information about the proposed network plan and changes to individual routes can be found at metrostlouis.org/reimagined, which includes proposed route maps. Feedback to the plan can also be shared with Metro Transit Customer Service by calling 314-982-1406 or texting 314-207-9786 from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Metro launched Metro Reimagined, an in-depth study of the Metro Transit system, in July 2017 to ensure Metro is positioned to meet the evolving transportation needs of the St. Louis region. The project team will incorporate the public’s feedback during this latest round of informational meetings into the final revision of the Metro Reimagined plan. Metro Transit expects to begin alternative mobility type pilot projects starting in spring of 2019 and implement the changes to the fixed-route network in fall of 2019.