Join Citizens for Modern Transit as we host a month of events throughout May to promote the education and expanded use of the St. Louis metropolitan area transit system, as well as alternate modes of transportation. CMTs Make Your Move on Metro in May supported by the St. Louis Regional Clean Air Partnership.
- Tuesday, May 8, 12-1:30pm: Let’s Build Around Light Rail. This TOD luncheon at the Forest Park Visitors’ Center will feature Katherine Perez, a national Transit Oriented Development expert. Members cost $25 and non-members cost $40. Table sponsorship available for $300. Thanks to our sponsors including Metro, Fred Weber, Inc.; HDR Engineering, and Musick Construction Company. See our TOD Clearinghouse for more information and registration.
- Thursday, May 10, 7-8:30am: Wake Up to a Sweeter Commute. CMT volunteers and friends will be positioned at the Belleville, 8th & Pine, Forest Park and Shrewsbury Metro Stations and the Civic Center Transfer Center to distribute sweet treats, offer information about the Guaranteed Ride Home and the opportunity to sign up for our Guaranteed Ride Home Program, and a chance to win a $50 gift certificate for the morning’s transit, bicycle and walk commuters. Thanks to Metro & Trailnet for their help on this event!
- Thursday, May 17, 4:30-6:30pm: The Great Race. Join CMT, Trailnet and WeCar for this exciting event! This race between Team CarShare, Team Bike, and Team Transit will kick off at Post Office Plaza at 4:45 pm, and will lead the teams to the finish line at their destination: CJ Mugg’s in Clayton. Come see who finishes first and welcome them with the festivities from 5-6:30 pm at CJ Mugg’s. Show your support by purchasing one of the teams’ shirts, available online soon, and/or joining one of these teams on their respective Facebook pages: Team Transit, Team CarShare, or Team Bike.
BUY YOUR T-SHIRT TO SUPPORT “TEAM TRANSIT” FOR $12 (write your size in the description box at the checkout and enter the address you wish the shirt to be mailed to):
- Thursday, May 24, 9:30-11am: Rock Road MetroLink Station walkabout
- Ten Toe Express May walks: Anheuser-Busch Brewery, Euclid Avenue & Fountain Park, Belleville Labor & Industry Museum, Florissant Old Town, Compton Heights (Water Tower tour), Missouri Botanical Garden, Convention Center/Edward Jones Dome, Ferguson, Powder Valley Nature Center, Cliff Cave Park, Wilmore Park, The Grove, University City, Lafayette Park, and French Cahokia. For more information on these walks or how to register for the Ten Toe Program, visit our website.
For a print-friendly version of the calendar, click here.