Citizen’s for Modern Transit offers paid internship positions every spring, summer and fall, allowing students and recent graduates the opportunity to work closely with our team and gain insight into the public transit arena in addition to nonprofit management, administration, advocacy and fundraising. CMT is a member supported organization leading efforts for an integrated, affordable, and convenient public transportation system with light rail expansion as the critical component that will drive economic growth to improve quality of life in the St. Louis region.
Internship Responsibilities Include:
- Help with office operations – organization, postage, answering phones, meeting prep, greeting visitors, etc.
- Support the 10 Toes Express walking program – registration, member outreach, communications, etc.
- Support the Guaranteed Ride Home program – registration, member outreach, communications, etc.
- Draft Blog Postings as directed by CMT staff
- Post Facebook updates as directed by CMT staff
- Process CMT member registrations
- Represent CMT at community events
- Participate in CMT sponsored events
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Computer proficient and familiar with the Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to commit 10-15 hours per week
- Great attention to detail
- Responsible and able to see projects through to completion
- Reliable, with a great attitude and work ethic
- A genuine interest in the benefits of Public Transportation
This opportunity is available immediately. Applications for the summer are due by May 17th at the latest. To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.