Get on Board with the St. Clair County Transit District and see what the Metro East area has to offer! There are many places you can go using the MetroBus and MetroLink in St. Clair County. The Metro East region covers the cities of East St. Louis, Fairview Heights, Belleville, Cahokia, O’Fallon and more.
- You can catch the #2 MetroBus in Cahokia to visit the St. Louis Downtown Airport and the Greater St. Louis Air and Space Museum.
- Using the #12 MetroBus to the Fairview Heights MetroLink Station or #16 MetroBus to the Swansea Loop Metro station, and then transferring to the Shiloh Scott to Belleville MetroLink, you can visit Southwestern Illinois College where you can attend campus events or visit the YMCA just across the street.
- You can also use the #6 or #9 MetroBus to get from Washington Park to the Jackie Joyner-Kersee Youth Center for private tutoring, academic enrichment programs, ACT/SAT preparation, dance, arts and crafts, etc. or the Washington Park Public Library to check out the latest books and games.
- Take the Muny Express into St. Louis to see a show or play in Forest Park. The first bus leaves from St. Clair Square near the water tower 90 minutes prior to show time. Buses leave every 10 minutes and the last bus leaves one hour prior to show time.
- If theater and fine arts do not play to your interests what about sporting events? The Redbird Express and Rams Express MetroBuses take you to and from all of the Cardinals and Rams Games played at home! These buses leave from: 134 St. Clair Square, Fairview Heights, IL, 62208, near the Water Tower. The first bus leaves 2.5 hours prior to game time with service every 3 – 5 minutes! For the Rams Game, buses leave from the same location starting 2 hours and 15 min. prior to game time with buses every 10 minutes. Last bus leaves 45 minutes prior to kickoff.
All express buses are offered at reduced prices and run frequently throughout events so that you can leave whenever you desire. No matter the occasion, Metro can assist you in making transportation arrangements. For questions, comments, or concerns you can reach the St. Clair County Transit District at (618)628-8090 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.