Director, Membership and Programs, Citizens for Modern Transit
Citizens for Modern Transit (CMT) is seeking a talented individual to serve as the Director, Membership and Programs, of the organization. The successful candidate should have an understanding of public transit; transit oriented development (TOD); local, state and federal governmental entities, and public policies affecting transit. CMT, a 1000-member 501(c)3 organization with a 26-member volunteer board, leads the St. Louis region’s education and advocacy efforts for a robust and expanding transit system, especially light rail, with the goal of building livable, sustainable communities.
- Manage CMT grant-funded programs including daily operational activities, programs, communications, and databases.
- Under grant funded programs, initiate and direct programs that meet the grant funding guidelines to help build ridership on the system.
- Assist Executive Director in developing, cultivating and maintaining membership in the organization. This will include identification and recruitment of new members and groups for collaboration. Plan and oversee membership activities and events. Manage communications with members including membership database and membership tracking.
- Create and maintain website and social media outlets for membership and programmatic activities.
- Promote the link between transit and economic development, health, and job creation through the use of communication tools, website development, publications, and other CMT marketing materials.
- Build public awareness of and support for the area’s public transit system.
- Create and implement opportunities for members to engage and network around support for public transit including promotional events.
- Represent the organization with local communities, organizations, and groups, as directed by CMT’s Executive Director.
- Manage daily office communications and CMT customer service including mail, in-person visits and phones.
- Under the direction of the Executive Director, implement strategies to advance light rail expansion, increased bus service, and public support for St. Louis’ public transit system.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Masters Degree preferred
- Minimum 3 to 5 years experience in membership development, communications/marketing, and/or community engagement.
- Experience in building and maintaining community partnerships and collaborations.
- Commitment to the principles of public transit, and a strong desire to work with other groups to further the mission of CMT.
- Ability to work independently.
- Versatility and adaptability to changing job requirements a strong plus.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience. CMT is an equal opportunity employer. For confidential consideration, please send your resume and cover letter to CMT at firstname.lastname@example.org as ONE SAVED DOCUMENT. Resumes must be received no later than 5 p.m. on October 5, 2017. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
No calls please. Initial interviews with the search committee will begin in October, 2017.