What is Enterprise CarSharing?
Car sharing arrived in Downtown St. Louis in 2011 as a joint initiative of Enterprise Rent-A-Car based in St. Louis and Citizens for Modern Transit. Formerly known as WeCar, Enterprise CarShare now has cars located throughout St. Louis.
Car sharing provides a big benefit to transit riders, enabling them to get along with fewer cars. Transit riders also can use Enterprise CarShare for the CMT Guaranteed Ride Home program rather than a taxi for that emergency ride.
For those who have ruled out transit because they need their car during the middle of the day for errands or meetings, CarShare is the perfect answer – providing them an option and an even bigger incentive to use transit.
Why is Car Sharing smart?
Car Sharing is when members of a community share a fleet of vehicles. With Car Sharing, you can have a vehicle at your fingertips when you need one, but won’t have all the hassle and expense of having to drive your car to work.
Why is Car Sharing economical?
With this program, members only use a vehicle when they need one, which means they only pay for a vehicle when they need one! Members pay one low hourly rate which includes gas, physical damage protection, and maintenance.
Benefits of Enterprise CarShare
- Available 24 hours a day
- Fuel included
- Included mileage (up to 200 miles per day; additional miles are $0.20 per mile)
- Physical damage protection for all members subject to a retained responsibility of $0 per incident to the Program member.
- Liability protection for all members (up to the state minimum required amount)
- 24 Hour roadside assistance
- Promotes an environmentally friendly solution for transportation needs
- Help relieve parking issues
- Alleviate need for personal vehicles
- Ease of use & affordable
How it works . . .
Membership includes: fuel, dedicated parking spot, maintenance, physical damage/liability coverage for members 18 and over (where available) with a valid driver’s license.
Enterprise CarShare is a totally automated rental process where, once you’re a member, all you need to rent an Enterprise CarShare vehicle is access to the internet.
- Once a member, download the Enterprise CarShare App or visit EnterpriseCarShare.com.
- Log in, and reserve the vehicle you want for the time you need.
- Use your Enterprise CarShare membership card to access the vehicle.
The keys are in the glove box and you’re on your way!
- Return the vehicle to the same area you picked it up from and put the keys back in the glove box.
- Use your membership card to lock the doors. Your rental has ended.
Low rates by the hour, the day, overnight, or even on the weekends. International Driver’s License Accepted.
- This program is open to all qualified applicants ages 21 and up
- Valid driver’s license
- Valid major credit card in your name
After registering for Enterprise CarShare, members will be mailed a key fob that allows access to the cars. Reservations are made over the internet. The cost for use is $9 per hour ($65 per day); the overnight fee is $40.
Locate an Enterprise CarShare car near you!