I am sure you have already received quite a few requests this morning asking for your gift for Give STL Day. TODAY is a 24 hour, community-wide online giving initiative coordinated by the Greater St. Louis Community Foundation. I hope you will seriously consider transit and Citizens for Modern Transit today when deciding where to make your donations.
Citizens for Modern Transit is working diligently in the St. Louis community to ensure transit moves forward in this region.
- A gift of $500 or more will help us with the feasibility study underway to add a new MetroLink station to the system for the first time since the opening of the Cross County in 2006.
- Your gift of $100 or more will raise awareness in the St. Louis community about transportation alternatives through events like the Great Race this Thursday, May 8.
- Your gift of $25 will provide the required local match to sponsor a new rider on the St. Louis transit system through CMT’s new Try & Ride Program.
Please also share the opportunity with your friends and social networks. Let’s get as many folks behind transit as possible!
So what do you think? Let’s help make this the biggest day in giving history!
HERE’S WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW
- Visit the Give Stl Day page at http://givestlday.org/, search for Citizens for Modern Transit, and then donate through the site. Your contributions will be added to the ongoing tally for the region and your donations will be distributed to the specified nonprofits in June.
- Check out the cool prizes for you as donors and us as organizations by giving during the different power hours.
- The non profit that receives the most gifts on Give St. Louis Day will receive a $5,000 cash award. Help CMT compete for that award!
Thank you so much in advance for considering CMT on GiveSTLDay! We know transit makes a difference for this region, and we hope you will help spread the word today about the importance of CMT to St. Louis.