Created to inspire St. Louis area seniors, as well as any other interested individuals, to see how easy it is to integrate walking with public transit use to get around town, the CMT Ten Toe Express Walk Program also promotes the health and well-being benefits of transit commuting. The 2017 spring session gets underway on Thursday, April 6 in partnership with AARP in St. Louis, and this year there will lots of new destinations to explore. Register today!
The 12-week spring session will run from April to June. Ten Toe participants gain access to a variety of helpful resources including walk maps providing detailed directives on how to utilize transit to get to many of the region’s cultural and entertainment hot spots. Participants also have the ability to take part in weekly guided Ten Toe Express Walking Tours which allow walkers to be part of a group as they become familiar with the transit system and how to utilize it to get to destinations. These walks, led by trained, volunteer walk leaders, range in length from 0.3 to 5 miles depending on the group and destination and originate from the Brentwood, Forest Park, Belleville, Rock Road, North Hanley and Shrewsbury MetroLink stations. Citizens for Modern Transit also hosts several special walks each session.
Special Walks for Spring 2017:
· April 6, 9:00 am – Spring 2017 Kick Off Walk! “A Grand view of Grand Center: Behind the Scenes Tour of the Grand Center Arts & Culture District”
· May 4, 10:00 am – Tour the Washington University Medical Center Campus
· June TBA – “Test Out” the Loop Trolley before its grand opening
· The Saturday morning AARP Breakfast Bunch returns! April 15, May 20 and June 17, locations TBA
Upcoming Ten Toe Registration Events:
· Friday, February 24, 2017 – 10 a.m. to 12 noon St. Clair County Office on Aging, 201 North Church Street, Belleville, IL 62220
· Wednesday, March 1, 2017 – 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. Citizens for Modern Transit offices, 911 Washington, Ste. 200, St. Louis, MO 63101
· Wednesday, March 8, 2017 – from 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. Forest Park Visitors’ Center in Forest Park, St. Louis, MO
· Friday, March 10, 2017 – from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. St. Clair County Office on Aging, 201 North Church Street, Belleville, IL 62220
· Tuesday, March 22, 2017 – 1 p.m. – 3 p.m. Citizens for Modern Transit offices, 911 Washington, Ste. 200, St. Louis, MO 63101
The cost to participate is $10. New registrants receive a walking kit (valued at $50) with a pedometer, transit tickets, St. Louis maps, safety tips and a Ten Toe tote bag to hold it all. Register today!