According to Transportation Issues Daily website, Senate Republicans are looking at several ways to make up the $12 billion shortfall in the Senate proposed transit/highway bill including:
- $3.5 billion rescinded from Advance Vehicle Technology Manufacturing Loan Program
- $3 billion transfer from Leaking Underground Storage Tank Trust Fund
- $2.5 billion reclaimed transfers of transportation funds to the Land & Water Conservation Fund
- $5.2 billion in new revenue from expanded oil and gas production
- Rescinding of appropriated but unspent funds – this could fund the entire $12 billion, but would entail cuts to other programs.
The good news is that both sides are looking at ways to move this bill along.