We are thrilled to share our excitement for Citizens for Modern Transit’s Great Race II and extend our appreciation to all of our sponsors and teammates willing to participate. Designed to play off the CBS television hit, “The Amazing Race,” the race will place Team TRANSIT, Team BIKE, Team CARSHARE and Team CARPOOL in a head-to-head competition to see which transportation mode can travel from downtown St. Louis to Clayton the fastest.
The race is set for Thursday, May 30. It will get underway at approximately 4:30 p.m. at Post Office Plaza located at 815 Locust Street in Downtown St. Louis, Mo., and finish at the Fortel’s Pizza Den located at 7359 Forsyth Blvd., St. Louis, MO 63105 with a community celebration.
Below are the confirmed participants to date and their corresponding teams. Please note that these teams are being added to regularly and we have a couple exciting additions we hope to be able to announce soon!
We have created a Facebook page for Citizens for Modern Transit’s Great Race II. It can be accessed at www.Facebook.com/GreatRaceII. To help gain support , we invite you to “like” the page, “comment” on it and “share” the page with your family, friends, colleagues and constituents. Urge them to get in on the action by cheering on their respective ‘teams’ through the Facebook page and encourage them to come celebrate with you at the starting point and finish line.
There is also a t-shirt design contest you can take part in and a poll to track which team is leading in terms of community support.
We would like to extend a special thank you to all of our sponsors, including the St. Louis Regional Clean Air Partnership, Enterprise Rent-A-Car, Metro, Great Rivers Greenway, RideFinders, STL Style and the Fortel’s Pizza Den in University City/Clayton.
Thanks again for your support. This event is going to be GREAT!
- Steve Salemi, Group Rental Manager, Enterprise Rent-A-Car
- Tony Moise, Vice President and General Manager St. Louis, Enterprise Rent-A-Car
- Don Corrigan, editor-in-chief of the Webster-Kirkwood Times, South county Times and West End Word newspapers.
- Susannah Fuchs, senior director of environmental health for the American Lung Association of the Plains-Gulf region and the spokesperson for the St. Louis Regional Clean Air Partnership.
- Kevin the Intern from the Phillips & Company Morning Show on Y98-FM.
- Heidi Glaus from News Channel 5.
- Chelsey Brooks, Metro’s Social Media Manager
- Kim Cella, executive director of Citizens for Modern Transit.
- Fortel’s Pizza Den representatives.
- Kevin Steincross, anchor for FOX 2 News.
- Todd Morgan, morning show co-host and midday air personality for K-Hits 96.
- Great Rivers Greenway representatives.
- Joseph Wright, director of RideFinders.
- Editor of Patch.com