Metro is hosting special reduced fare registration events for older adults in May at eight area Schnucks stores in St. Louis County. These events are an easy and convenient way for senior citizens to sign up for a Senior Reduced Fare Permit so they can save money and take advantage of half-price tickets on the Metro transit system to travel around the region. Great opportunity for seniors participating in the CMT Ten Toe Program!
Eligible older adults, age 65 and older, can sign up for the Senior Reduced Fare Permit or renew their expired permits on the following dates and times at these Schnucks locations:
- Tuesday, May 3: 9 a.m. to noon – Schnucks Webster Groves at 8650 Big Bend Blvd., 63119
- Thursday, May 5: 9 a.m. to noon – Schnucks Cool Valley at 1225 S. Florissant Road, 63121
- Tuesday, May 10: 9 a.m. to noon – Schnucks Telegraph at 5519 Oakville Shopping Center, 63129
- Thursday, May 12: 9 a.m. to noon – Schnucks Kirkwood at 10233 Manchester Road, 63122
- Tuesday, May 17: 9 a.m. to noon – Schnucks Westfall Plaza at 8037 W. Florissant Ave., 63136
- Thursday, May 19: 9 a.m. to noon – Schnucks Ladue at 8853 Ladue Road, 63124
- Tuesday, May 24: 9 a.m. to noon – Schnucks Bridgeton at 11253 St. Charles Rock Road, 63044
- Thursday, May 26: 9 a.m. to noon – Schnucks Shackelford at 1160 Shackelford Road, 63031
The Senior Reduced Fare Permit can only be obtained in person, and older adults are required to present a government-issued photo identification card that verifies their age, such as a driver’s license, passport, state ID card or Alien Registration Card. Metro will take a photo and permits will be issued on site. The permits are valid for five years.
Senior Reduced Fare Permits can also be obtained at the MetroStore, located at 701 Convention Plaza at the corner of 7th Street and Washington Avenue in downtown St. Louis, Monday through Friday between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. The store is served by the Convention Center MetroLink Station and the #99 Downtown Trolley.