The date is set, the teams are selected and St. Louis media is on board to help promote some of the most viable transportation options offered in the region throughthis year’s Great Race hosted by CMT and AARP St. Louis..
Celebrity Teams are as follows:
- KSDK Media Personality
- Wiley Price, Staff Photojournalist, St. Louis American
- Jill Devine, Y98 on-air personality
- Tony Patrico, Co-host of The Rizzuto Show on 105.7 The Point
- Marty Solomon, Webster-Kirkwood Times
- Moon, Co-host of The Rizzuto Show on 105.7 The Point
- Jade Harrell, Host of Community Connection on 100.3, Hallelujah 1600, 104.9, Z107.7 and 93.7
- Jill Moon, Lifestyles Editor and Assistant Content Editor of The (Alton) Telegraph
- Kevin Steincross, Morning Anchor for Fox 2 News in the Morning
Team Metrolink, Team MetroBus, Team CarShare and Team Bike will race, using their respective modes of transportation, to see who gets from their specified starting points to the finish line the fastest during the evening rush. Similar to the CBS television hit “The Amazing Race,” teams will be asked to complete a series of challenges along the way.
The finish line will be part of a pop-up Metro Market at the Historic Wabash Station, located at 6005 Delmar Blvd., just steps away from the Delmar MetroLink station. This event is designed to temporarily transform the vacant site into an active space that connects people to products, services and green spaces, showcasing how areas around transit stations can become focal points for activity. It is free and open to the public. Area residents are encouraged to stop by anytime between 4 and 6:30 p.m. Race participants are expected to cross the finish line around 5 p.m. An awards ceremony will follow shortly thereafter.