St. Louis, you have one more chance to weigh in on Transit Oriented Development plans around the Union Station and Civic Center MetroLink Stops.
The meeting is scheduled for May 21, 2013, 11:00a.m.-1:00p.m., with a presentation at 11:30a.m at the City Of St. Louis City Hall; Kennedy Room – 2nd Floor; 1200 Market Street; St. Louis, MO 63103.
The discussion will include:
• What is meant by “transit oriented development” and what it could mean around the selected station areas
• Review of more detailed alternatives of potential design options for the Union Station and Civic Center Station areas, building on input provided by the public at the first round of meetings in December
• The potential to create new development for areas around the Union Station/Civic Center MetroLink stations
The public’s input at this meeting will help inform the draft version of the final plans for these station areas. Through a series of “keypad polling” questions, participants will have the chance to answer a series of questions about potential new development at the MetroLink station area. The session will also include a map exercise in which groups of participants will review options for new development near the station.
ONLINE INFORMATION AND FORUMS
• To learn more about the study, please visit the project website at www.stlouistod.com.
• If you can’t attend the public meeting, click here to take an online survey for each of the five station areas.
• Click here for Mindmixer to join others in a discussion of the topics above.
The plans that result from these meetings will outline how future development could proceed at each of the selected stations and provide a more detailed roadmap for developers and local governments. The five selected station areas for these studies have been North Hanley, Emerson Park/Jackie Joyner-Kersee, Fairview Heights, Union Station/Civic Center, and Rock Road.
Your opinion matters! Please come and take part in shaping the future of St. Louis.