CMT will be hosting “Wake Up to a Sweeter Commute” events from 7:00 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. on Thursday, May 10 at several area MetroLink stations and transfer centers. The morning’s transit, bicycle and walk commuters can stop by to learn more about the Guaranteed Ride Home program, enter to win $50 gift certificates by registering for the FREE program and pick up a sweet treat.
“Wake Up to a Sweeter Commuter” is being held in conjunction with CMT’s other “Make Your Move on Metro in May” events to promote the education and expanded use of the St. Louis Metro area’s transit system and the perks that come with riding transit including the Guaranteed Ride Home.
“Wake Up to a Sweeter Commute” events are scheduled for following stations and bus transfer centers:
- Belleville MetroLink Station, 2622 Carlyle Ave., Belleville, IL 62221
- 8th & Pine MetroLink Station, Downtown St. Louis, MO, 63102
- Shrewsbury MetroLink Station, 7201 Lansdowne Ave., St. Louis, MO 63119
- Civic Center Transfer Center, 14th and Spruce streets, Downtown St. Louis, MO, 63102
- Forest Park Station, 250 DeBaliviere Ave., St. Louis, MO 63112
“Our community offers a variety of very viable alternative transportation options and convenient incentives, like the Guaranteed Ride Home program, that make taking transit, bicycling or walking even easier choices,” commented Kim Cella, the executive director of Citizens for Modern Transit. “The program acts as a safety net in case a situation arises when an individual needs an assured and immediate ride home.”
For more information or to register online, http://www.cmt-stl.org/register-your-commute/.
The St. Louis Regional Clean Air Partnership is the proud supporter of all of CMT’s “Make Your Move on Metro in May” events.