Starting in July 2011, each and every month, Citizens for Modern Transit hosts a contest for the best public transit-related image. The winner receives a free monthly Metro pass for the following month. We accept submissions all month long and then announce the winner on the last Friday of the month.
We encourage contest participants to take pictures on the MetroBus and MetroLink, at stations, stops, on trolleys, trains, bus, at shuttles, etc. We want to see transit pics! (picture shown is courtesy of Brent Jones, November winner)
The rules are as follows:
1) The picture must be public transit-related (i.e. taken on the train or bus, a photo of public transit, riders, employees, stations, stops, etc.)
2) Submit your photo with your name and contact info to CMT. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or post to Facebook (facebook.com/STL.CMT) or Twitter (@CMT_STL)
3) Submit as many photos as you like. The contest for the said month closes the day prior to winner selection (CMT reserves the right to reject any photo and also to utilize submitted photos for circulated PR/advertising materials).
4) The winner will be announced the last Friday of the month after lunch. Winners can pick up their pass at our office or have it mailed to them.
5) Make sure to check out Metro’s rules about photography: http://tinyurl.com/
So, keep your eyes peeled as you’re riding the train or bus. Snap us a pic with your phone or camera. Email it or post it to one of our social media outlets. Help us document our great transit system and reap the benefits!