Citizens for Modern Transit (CMT) is seeking a talented individual to serve as Grants/Program Manager of the organization. CMT, a 1000-member 501(c)3 organization with a 24-member volunteer board, leads the St. Louis region’s education and advocacy efforts for a robust and expanding transit system, especially light rail, with the goal of building livable, sustainable communities. The successful candidate will have knowledge of/experience in public/private grant funding; development/fundraising; and program management. Knowledge of public transit and Transit Oriented Development is preferred.
- Identify grant/foundation opportunities, and help submit potential funding packages. Maintain website/ social media outlets for membership and programmatic activities.
- Manage CMT grant-funded programs including daily activities, communications, and databases.
- Assist Executive Director with development, cultivation and maintenance of membership in the organization. This includes identification and recruitment of new members/groups, and member event planning/management.
- Promote links between transit and economic development, health and job creation through communications, website, publications, and other CMT marketing materials, and help build public awareness about the importance of the area’s transit system. Create opportunities for member engagement/networking around this issue.
- Represent the organization on local committees, organizations and groups.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years experience in grant writing; program management; and development/fundraising.
- Ability to network and form partnerships with organizations outside of CMT.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong commitment to public transit and local civic engagement.
- Flexibility, maturity and sensitivity to a wide range of diverse populations.
- Ability to work in a small office environment.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience and salary history.
For confidential consideration, please send your resume and cover letter to CMT at email@example.com as ONE SAVED DOCUMENT or by mail to Kimberly Cella, Citizens for Modern Transit, 911 Washington, Ste. 200, St. Louis, MO 63101 by 5 p.m. on Feb. 1, 2013. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
No calls please. Initial interviews with the search committee will be between Feb.1-20, 2013.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.