Citizens for Modern Transit (CMT) is seeking a talented individual to serve as the Program Assistant at the organization. CMT, a 1000-member 501(c)3 organization with a 26-member volunteer board, leads the St. Louis region’s education and advocacy efforts for a robust and expanding transit system, especially light rail, with the goal of building livable, sustainable communities. The organization also staffs the Missouri Public Transit Association and is concerned with passenger rail and pedestrian issues.
- Manage administrative and office support activities for multiple supervisors.
- Manage daily office functions and CMT customer service including mail, in-person visits and phones.
- Manage CMT communications and databases.
- Assist with grant programs including Try & Ride Program, Ten Toe Express, Zimride and other potential new projects.
- Assist in cultivating and maintaining membership, including identification/recruitment of individuals and groups.
- Manage member communications including new member pledges, renewals, etc.
- Assist with website and social media outlets communications
- Represent the organization, as directed by CMT senior staff, at local transit-related events and activities.
- Promote the link between transit and economic development, health, and job creation through the use of communication tools, website development, publications, and other CMT marketing materials.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Commitment to the principles of public transit, and a strong desire to work with other groups to further the mission of CMT.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Versatility and adaptability to changing job requirements a strong plus.
Compensation will be $35,000 annually. CMT is an equal opportunity employer.
For confidential consideration, please send your resume and cover letter to CMT at email@example.com as ONE SAVED DOCUMENT. Resumes must be received no later than 5 p.m. on April 30, 2016. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
No calls please. Initial interviews with the search committee will begin in early May, 2016.