With Amtrak breaking ridership records 10 times out of the last 11 years, Amtrak extends a special thanks to its riders by discounting companion fares 31%. The 31% discount reflects the 31.6 million passengers that rode the the rail network in Fiscal Year 2013.
Amtrak will also feature different #AmtrakStories portraits and passenger stories on the Amtrak blog for 31 days. Amtrak invites passengers to share their rail travel stories for a chance to win prizes.
Amtrak truly has had a record breaking year. Here are a few additional stats you might find interesting. “During FY 2013, Amtrak’s state-supported corridor services grew to a new record of 15.4 million passengers. In addition, all long distance routes combined had the best ridership in 20 years with 4.8 million passengers. Ridership for all Northeast Corridor services reached 11.4 million passengers, the second best year ever. As evidence of a strong ridership rebound following Super Storm Sandy ,the Northeast Regional service set a new record. Also, FY 2013 produced eight individual monthly ridership records, the single best month in Amtrak history and new records on 20routes. In addition,ticket revenue increased to a record $2.1 billion.”
Also, as TOD followers know, Amtrak’s success benefits the communities it serves too. For every one dollar of Federal Investment, Amtrak has returned nearly three dollars to the local communities (FY2010 – FY2012). This equates to more than $12.6 billion returned to the economy through the purchasing of goods and services and employee salaries to maintain, operate and improve its national network.
Article source: http://www.amtrak.com/ccurl/730/658/FY13-Record-Ridership-ATK-13-122.pdf
Purchase your discounted tickets at Amtrak.com and find the details of the fare promotion below:
In 2013, people like you helped Amtrak reach a record 31.6 million riders. It’s a milestone certainly worth celebrating and we want to thank you for helping to make it happen. Enjoy a 31% discount on a companion fare on most routes as our special thank you.
Valid for Sale
October 15 – 21, 2013
Valid for Travel
October 22 – December 12, 2013
You must click on the “Book It Now” button to receive this discount.
Fare discount will be automatically applied to qualifying travel when a selected train is added to the cart.
This offer is available for a limited-time only, so book your trip soon. Purchase one fare and get a second for 31% off when you book by October 21, 2013 for travel October 22, 2013 – December 12, 2013. And thank you for your part in keeping American rail travel strong.
- Exclusively available at Amtrak.com.
- Valid for sale October 15 – 21, 2013.
- Valid for travel October 22 – December 12, 2013.
- Blackouts apply on: November 26 – 27 and 30, 2013, December 1, 2013.
- Valid for one (1) 31% off companion rail fare with the purchase of one regular full adult rail fare.
- Valid for travel on all Amtrak services except: Acela Express, Amtrak Cascades, Capitol Corridor and the 7000-8999 Thruways.
- Seating is limited, seats may not be available on all days.
- Fares are subject to availability.
- Up to two (2) children ages 2 – 15 may accompany each adult at half the regular full adult rail fare.
- Children and infants must travel with an adult who is 18 years or older.
- Valid for Coach seats only; no upgrades permitted.
- Companion and full fare paying passenger must travel together on the same itinerary and have the tickets issued together.
- Not combinable with any other discount offer.
- In addition to the discount restrictions; this offer is also subject to any restrictions, blackouts and refund rules that apply to the type of fare purchased.
- Fares, routes and schedules are subject to change without notice.
- Once travel has begun, no changes to the itinerary are permitted.